Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Oh my god

It's been damn near two months. My god!

I finished the hats... And got a nice picture of us all together.

And then? I knitted my mother a hat out of Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Natural and Amethyst. Supposedly you can hit gage with size 8s... I hit it at size 4. Now, I know I knit loosely, but that's ridiculous.

I also re-learned how to purl, from this site: KnittingHelp.com Nice site, and good videos. The one I learned from, though, is this one, where it talks about 'Finnish Purling'. I've been almost doing that for years, but now I can actually do it. My knitting speed has doubled, as that purl is nearly as fast as a knit, and my gage is much, much better! Purls used to be huge compared to knits. No longer!

With that knowledge under my belt, I tackled something else, but I can't blog about it, because it may or may not be a present for somebody who may or may not be reading this blog. If anyone still reads this, I'll keep you posted.

Other fun links: LiveJournal knitting communities!

There's others, but those are what I read. Heck, you can even see them all at once here, in my custom made filter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home