Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Brain meltdown

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......

I swear I've been knitting. Finished a scarf.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Multidirectional scarf, two balls Noro Keruion (spelled wrong, I know). Knit on size 8.

Knitted another bunny, this one with intarsia (sp?). Never done intarsia before. Easier than I thought.

Um... the Mate taught himself to knit. I lent my nifty new needles to somebody and they bent them. Been spinning at the Ren Faire.

Oh! Here's something. At the faire I tried something new; knitting with BIG needles. Really big. Actually, they were pikes from the weapon's rack. No in-progress pictures, but here's the final product:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There I am, looking silly, holding a 'swatch' knit on pikes bigger around than my wrists. The burly guy behind me? Held the pikes so I could manipulate the ends. Yeah, I had some trouble with the edges, but I got the hang of it eventually.

I made the shirt I'm wearing. Hee! First bit of costuming. And I made my apron, but you probably can't see it well.

That's all for now. The Intarsia bunny will be photographed eventually.

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2005 at 11:28 PM, Blogger Andrea James said...

Aha! Now that I've found you, you cannot escape!! Muhahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home